So I am not a big fan of the NBA, though I watched more of it this year than I have in the last 10 years. But there is one thing that I do watch every year and that is the NBA Draft.
Because it is highly entertaining for the following reasons…
1) You have giant dudes shaking hands with David Stern
2) You have ridiculous suits
3) You invariably have some guy who thought he was a lotto pick sitting in the green room until the 2nd round and the camera starts getting closer and closer as the picks move along.
4) The hilarious post-pick interviews with the players
5) The look of someone who just got drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks or Memphis Grizzlies.
6) New York boos all their picks
On top of that, I usually get together with some friends and watch it with full commentary through the night.
The thing that is absolutely missing is Charles Barkley. Back when TNT had the event, Barkley was the main attraction. ESPN please bring him in for one nite!